Sidor

söndag 9 oktober 2011

First snow?


Yep, it's the first snow here in Gothenburg, but luckily only on paper! :-)

This snowy gate was made using one of my favourite Hero arts stamps: Metal flourish (CG180).
I wanted to give it a Christmas feel and so I added some fake snow; Aleene's glitter snow. Real easy to apply with a brush and dried quite fast too!

The background was created using Distress stains Tumbled glass and Versa color white stamp pad.

The small snowflakes are from an old set of wooden stamps also from Hero arts: Tiny snowflakes (LL471). On the package it says 1998, yep it must have been about then that I made my first hand made Christmas cards using stamps!

To finish the card I added some organza ribbon and a special ribbon bought at Stoff & Stil here in Gothenburg. I printed the sentiment myself and cut it out using a Nellie Snellen die. Lastly I added just a little bit of Distress Ink Victorian Velvet.

This card is entering the October challenge at Hero arts: Holiday cards, and possibly even the category using non holiday stamps to create Holiday cards. The gate is not holiday related...

Just for fun, see the difference using the same stamp but on a summer card here.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar